CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Because Motherhood is a journey!











3.12.2011

Nobody pushes me around


The title is a saying I saw printed on a baby carrier, a Mei Tai specifically. Babywearing is a subject near and dear to my heart. Today my family and I did a three mile hike. I wore my littlest in a Mei Tai. A Mei Tai is an asian style baby carrier that is a large rectangular shape with four straps to tie it on. It was a little chilly, so we added a blanket tucked under the straps and took off. It was so nice to finally get out of the house and get some exercise. With a small baby and the cold I have not been able to do anything outside. I have been feeling a bit of cabin fever for a while and today I finally could not take it anymore. I am so glad I took him out. He enjoyed himself and actually slept the last two miles away.


Here he is in a cotton gauze wrap. A wrap is just a long piece of fabric that you wrap a certain way to support the baby and tie him to you. This particular wrap was just washed and the ends sewed together to prevent fraying. I did nothing else to it at this point. I was trying it out to see exactly what size I would like it to be. I wear it all the time to do different types of carries. I often end up cleaning my house with him attached to me in some way.


Here we are using a beautiful handmade wrap that a friend sent traveling around the country. It was with us for a week. I just love the colors.


Oh and did I mention real men wear pink! ;)

0 comments: